Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Let The Sunshine In



My smile was as bright as the sun when I received a message from fellow blogger at
http://ninidee.wordpress.com/ Writing Like Crazy yesterday presenting me with the Sunshine Blogger Award.  In accepting this award, I am required to answer a series of questions and then pay it forward to other awesome bloggers who I feel deserve the award too. Then, I link my nominees to this post and comment on their blog letting them know of their nomination. Below are my answers and the blogs I have nominated.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Well I must say I love to watch all the classic animated Christmas specials with my children.  They bring back warm, fuzzy memories of my childhood.  But my all time favorite has to be "It's A Wonderful Life".  Who doesn't love George and his journey in this great film.  It has some sad memories connected to it for me (I found out my grandfather died when I was watching it one Christmas Eve), but it still holds a special place in my heart.

What is your favorite flower?
I have a few favorite flowers for different reasons.  My favorite flower scent is lilacs.  The flower I love the look of is gerber daisies.  My favorite summer blooms are honeysuckle and black-eyed Susan's (they remind me of my father-in-law). 

What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
I absolutely love fresh squeezed lemonade.  My mother-in-law makes the best!

What is your passion?
If I was asked this ten years ago, my answer would have been diferent.  A few months ago I went to a medium just for fun with a group of friends.  I asked if my hobby was something I should persue.  She said, "It isn't a hobby for you, it's your passion".  She hit the nail right on the head.  Writing is a passion for me.  It's something I've been doing as a hobby most of my life, but now it's so much more.  A writer is who I truly am.

What is your favorite time of year?
The spring, it's such a beautiful time of year where I live.  The flowers start blooming, the weather gets warmer, and summer is right around the corner.

What is your favorite time of day?
I used to be a morning person, but now I find myself enjoying the evenings more.  I love it when all teh work for the day is done and i can relax and curl up with a good book.

What is your favorite physical activity?
I love to walk.  It's a great workout and relaxes my mind. 

What is your favorite vacation?
Anywhere I can go with my family (immediate and extended) and create special memories is where I want to be.


My nominees are:
1. Jenny Bent
2. Suzette Saxton
3. Kathleen Duey
4. Nathan Bransford
5. Kristen Nelson
6. Janet Reid
7. Kristen Van Dolzer
8. Sarah's Book Reviews
9. Brenda Drake
10. Kristy Wang

These bloggers I have nominated have shined a light on inspiration for me in some way.  I always look forward to reading their insights and information.

If your blog has been given an award, make sure you post your button award on your blog, answer the eight questions and then nominate ten others. Let the sunshine into your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment